4.17.2012

Back in the Saddle

I am notorious for starting things and then not continuing or finishing them. If I just open the large metal file cabinet in my office, I will be quickly reminded of the many business ideas and inventions that I have had in the past, yet none of them has actually come to fruition. I believe that if you throw enough shit against the wall…something has to eventually stick. Right?

I thought my ship had come in when in the early 90’s I invented ‘The Bagel Box’. It was an acrylic storage device for bagels that kept them from getting hard and stale in a day. I mean wasn’t the mere thought of stale bagels something that kept you up at night? Of course, I thought this was one kick-ass invention but time was of the essence and time was something that I lacked since I was raising two small children then. That’s another thing that I am good at…making excuses. My husband always reminds me that, “Excuses are like assholes…everyone has one!” Thanks, honey!

This blog is different though (there’s another excuse…did you catch it?) because it is not a business idea but rather a place where I can express myself through stories that hopefully make people laugh all while providing me with some much needed therapy. Some men find therapy on the golf course or women might find it shopping at the local department store; I find therapy at my computer writing about life.

Therapy doesn’t always have to involve seeking professional care but there times when that might become essential. This brings me to the reason for the sabbatical from my blog. I was dealing with a very personal and delicate issue with someone who is extremely near and dear to me. I would do anything in the world for this person but I too was in denial that there was even a problem. I was trying to think the other day about when I allowed complete and utter dysfunction to become my normalcy.

In retrospect, it is hard to believe that I was even able to get out of bed every day and function. It was an extremely hard journey for everyone involved but now we are all much healthier and happier because of it. Enough said about that.

Now that this ordeal is behind me, I am going to try my hardest to be better about writing more regularly but…just kidding. No buts!

The song below is dedicated to the person mentioned above whom I absolutely love to pieces and always will…no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment